The photographer is only as good as his camera will allow him or her to be. For this reason, one must take care to choose a good camera for photography. The top cameras for photography are the DSLR cameras. Here we see the best DSLR cameras we use for shooting videos.
This is one of the best cameras for the entry level photographer. But, this classification as an entry level camera does not take away its high capabilities. Here is a look at its features.
- Sensor (APS-C) 2 MP DX format
- Processor Expeed 4
- 921k-dot LCD Fixed 3.0″
- 1080/60p HD video
- 5 fps continuous shooting
- 700 shot battery life
The 4 Expeed processor is an upgrade on the previous model. It has a higher ISO range up to 12800 and an extra frame in burst mode.
Canon 5D Mark III
This camera shoots wonderful photographs and videos and has good low light capabilities. The key specifications of the Canon 5D Mark III are as follows:
- 22MP full frame CMOS sensor
- ISO 100-25600 standard, 50-102,800 expanded
- 6 fps continuous shooting
- Shutter rated to 150,000 frames
- 1080p30 video recording, stereo sound via external mic
- 61 point AF system
- 63 zone iFCL metering system
- 100% viewfinder coverage
The LCD screen has 3:2 resolutions with 1040k dots. It has dual card slots for CF and SD. The viewfinder coverage is 100% and the shutter remains rated for 150,000 frames.
Sony Alpha a7SII
This is a highly evolved camera for both still and movie photography. The added internal 4k video recording produces high-quality video with much colour perception in the recording. Here are the features of this camera:
- It is a full-frame camera that has 5-axis image stabilization.
- The processor is BIONZ X Image Processor that allows up to 5 fps video capture. The ISO range goes up to ISO 409600.
- It gives good image stabilization with the 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization system.
- The autofocus is fast and intelligent AF with169 AF points.
- The viewfinder is 0.5″ in size; it has 2.36m-Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF.
Panasonic Lumix GH4
Impressive camera especially the IBIS feature, a bit on the expensive side but tops the Canon EOS 80D at times. GH4 is mirrorless and don’t need any external recording to record up to 4k. Here is a look at the features of this camera.
- Live MOS Sensor 16.05MP
- DCI 4K 4096×2160 at 24p
- UHD 4K 3840×2160 at 30p/24p
- Full HD up to 60p
- Touchscreen Monitor 3.0″ 1,036k-Dot OLED
Canon EOS C100 Mark II Cinema EOS Camera with Dual Pixel CMOS AF
This is an updated version of the C100 made to capture events and weddings. You can also make documentaries with this. Here is a look at the features.
- Super 35mm 8.3MP CMOS Sensor + EF Mount
- 1920x1080p 59.94/50/29.97/25/23.98
- Built-In Dual Pixel CMOS AF Hardware
- AVCHD + MP4 Recording
- Dual SDHC/SDXC Media Card Slots
- HDMI Output with Timecode & Canon Log
For those who want to hire their photography equipment, there is always the camera and lenses rental store. In Bangalore, this is the QwikGear rental shop. They have the latest cameras such as Canon, Sony, and Nikon. The hire charges begin at Rs 800 per day.