The difference between a good photograph and a fantastic one lies in the amount of preparation and work that goes into the photograph. If you see a photographer fidgeting and waiting before he takes his picture, it is because he is adjusting the parameters so he achieves the preferred setting for his picture. One can use cool photographic tricks to create diffuser effects and creative effects in the photograph.
Tips for taking landscape photographs
When you go to a historic site, you always find tourists and it is impossible to get rid of them. Put your camera on a tripod and take a couple of pictures. Then, use Photoshop to remove the tourists from the photographs. Go to Menu à Scripts à Statistics. Then, you can remove anything you do not want from your photograph.
Create slider effects
If you do not want to or cannot afford a slider for taking photographs, use the tripod. Rock the tripod forward and backward. You can lift it and place it forward to get the same effect as the slider.
Create a flare
To get a flare in your photograph, stick a transparent colored plastic paper across the lens of the camera. If you shoot into a bright source of light, the flare will come in the picture.
Get close-ups without the zoom lens: If you cannot afford or forgot to bring your zoom lens, you can remove the detachable lens and turn it backward. This will bring the subject close to you but you will not have any manual control. Instead, you will have to move your camera back and forth until you have the right focus.
Find the vantage point
The best equipment will not compensate for the composition. You can get the best angle by climbing on the roof of the building or if you lay down on the floor. Finding this angle makes the photograph great. So, put in some effort and you can add the special effects later.
Tips for the smartphone user
- You can use cutouts in front of your camera lens or in the background to create dramatic effects.
- Jump around while photographing and use the timer on the smartphone to get spectacular pictures.
- Use a picture in the background to create a lively picture when you do not have any interesting background on your subject.
- Use a plastic cover over your camera lens and color it with different colors to create a new effect in the photograph.
- When you are shooting inside a room, use a paper cup as a smartphone stand. Cut a slit on the top such that the cut slants to the edge of the glass. Now, your phone can rest on the paper cup while you take the photograph.
Taking photographs with the phone increases your control due to the many inbuilt functions the phone has.These hacks prove that one can use creative efforts even when one is under-budget. By practice, you will adapt well to them and become the best photographer ever. But, you must begin by writing the tips down and practicing them.