Photography is a passion for those who pursue it; for others, it is a career. The need to keep the photographs of the highest quality drives one to buy the best cameras for photography. The use of the best lenses helps to give the best clarity to the pictures. Here are the best cameras and lenses one can get today for photography.
Pick your camera first
The DSLR cameras top the list of most preferred cameras. This is because they offer a wide variety of features and are easy to handle. The best DSLR cameras one can use for photography are these:
1.Canon EOS 1300D ($549): This is a great beginner camera and is not as expensive as the other options. It has only 9 AF points, uses the Digic 4+ image processor. Good for shooting fast-moving subjects.
2.Canon EOS 80D ($789): It has a 45 point AF system, 24.2 MP DSLR, superb autofocus; get good videos in difficult conditions. You can use it for sports, portraiture, and street photography. You also get good photos in dim light.
3.Nikon D7500 ($899): With a 20MP CMOS sensor, this mid-range DSLR shoots video up to 30 fps. It has a great sensor and combines good ISO performance. Focusing on the Live View is slow and the resolution of the rear screen is not good.
4. Pentax K-1 ($1799.95): This great full-frame Pentax camera has fast autofocus and great low light capabilities. It handles good and has an articulated LCD. But, the buffer clearing and startup is slow.
5. Nikon D500 ($1,479): This 21 MP APS-C DSLR camera shoots 10 fps videos and easily the best camera by Nikon.
Match the camera with a good lens
The use of different lenses for different shoots helps you get clear pictures. You must use different lenses for portrait and wedding photography. A good photographer will know the best lens to use for the situation. The best interchangeable lenses are as follows:
1. Sigma 24-105mm F4.0 DG OS HSM ($1,099): This gives you great image quality and has optical stabilization. It has a Hypersonic motor for fast, silent focus. It has a 9 blade diaphragm.
2. Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM ($950): This lens captures pictures with stunning resolution. You get good viewfinder brightness and a very quiet Hypersonic motor.
3. Tokina 11-16mm f.2.8 AT-X116 ($671): This is the best available ultrawide zoom for Nikon cameras. The ultra wide lens has the best sharpness. It also the fastest.
4. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens ($125.99): You get fantastic optics in an inexpensive lens. This is the reason it is the best selling lens from Canon. It has a quiet autofocus due to the Stepper Motor.
5. Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus ($219.95): You get fast and silent autofocus with the Silent Wave Motor Technology. You might have trouble with the autofocus with low-end cameras but if you like manual operation then this works well.
The best lens and camera combination is difficult to find. The cameras feel different in the hands of different people. For this reason, it is preferable if you just rent the camera and lens from QwikGear and practice shooting with it a bit before you make the final decision to buy the camera.